Create new approaches to master your life’s challenges and increase your satisfaction and peace of mind. Skillful and compassionate care is available.
Are you a professional struggling to find satisfaction in a demanding career, or seeking to integrate your work life and personal life in a sustainable way? Perhaps you are facing health issues (your own or a loved one’s) requiring significant adjustments, or are mourning a loss, or are moving toward a major transition, such as entering the workforce, changing careers, moving into retirement, or beginning or ending an important relationship.
I am a clinical psychologist with with over 25 years of experience working with adults facing challenges like these. Each life is unique, but the common thread among the people I work with is the wish for a supportive, experienced and effective professional to help you bring the best of yourself to a difficult time in your life, and to develop additional skills and new perspectives to add to your strengths. The change-points that are leading you to consider therapy may be ones you’ve sought out, such as a new career or a new relationship; or, ones of deep pain, such as the loss of a loved one or a life-changing health problem. Whatever the circumstances, something in how you’re feeling or how you are functioning, is signaling you that there is work to be done, and an opportunity to heal something and to stretch yourself at the same time. That’s what good therapy is all about.
Our work together may include:
- Developing new ways of relating to the people in your life, mending relationships, or replacing toxic relationships with ones you can enjoy.
- Reducing the frequency and intensity of emotional pain, such as depression, anxiety, panic, shame, worry, irritability, or anger.
- Creating habits of self-care that make your life healthier, happier, and more in your control.
- Coming to terms with loss, finding ways to accept unwelcome changes in life, and moving forward with renewed hope.
- Adapting to illness so that it does not rule your life, even if it remains a part of your life.
- Prioritizing your daily life to better fit your personal values and goals; increasing your satisfaction by following through on what matters most.
- Discovering how to successfully manage a transition in life, whether it’s one you’ve planned for or one that you didn’t anticipate.
- Practicing a more intentional and peaceful approach to living in a too-hectic world.
It is important that skillful therapy be available to as many people who seek it as possible. For that reason, I reserve some of my time to offer lower-cost services to those who might otherwise face a financial barrier. I also offer some appointment in the late afternoon and early evening.
I greatly value the opportunity to work with adults of diverse backgrounds and various religious faiths or secular philosophies, and persons of any ethnic, racial, cultural, sexual, or gender identity.
If you have questions after reading these pages, please feel free to contact me at (303)-475-7987. I am glad to provide a detailed and cost-free phone conversation to better understand your particular needs and wishes and to help you determine if we might work well together.